Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve Got Answers
Have a question about the hotel? Read our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about our property, facilities, and services. For any other questions, please contact the concierge.
What is included in the hotel privileges fee?
The House Privileges program at 48LEX provides an array of tailored services and thoughtful amenities:
- Daily light European-style breakfast served in The Lounge, featuring cured meats, cheese, parfaits, seasonal fruit, hard-boiled eggs, croissants, artisanal jams, fresh juices, coffee, and tea
- All day gourmet coffee, tea, and espresso drinks (espresso, cappuccino, americano, latte) either in The Lounge or to go
- A modern take on the classic afternoon tea (3 p.m. daily) in partnership with London-based Newby Teas
- Evening wine and cheese reception featuring Sommelier-selected pairings
- Access to all the amenities of The Lounge, including seasonal welcome drinks, fresh fruit and snacks, curated reading materials, and local artwork
- Exclusive access to a three-course, $30 prix fixe dinner menu at Lexington Brass
- Evening turndown service on request
- Premium Wi-Fi for all devices
- Bottled water in room
- Access to PressReader, an all-you-can-read digital newsstand with thousands of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines
- Local and toll-free phone calls
- 24-hour business workstation with Apple computer
- 24-hour gym access with Life Fitness equipment and two Peloton bikes
How much does hotel parking cost?
Parking at the hotel costs $65 for standard-size cars and $75 for SUVs. The parking facility is open 24 hours a day. There are no in-and-out privileges.
What time is check-in at the hotel?
Hotel check-in time is at 4 p.m.
What time is check-out at the hotel?
Hotel check-out time is at 11 a.m.
What is the hotel’s pet policy?
Pets are welcome at the hotel. A daily fee of $50 per pet is required, and a waiver must be signed at the front desk.
What is the minimum age to check in at the hotel?
Guests must be aged 18 years or older to check in.
Does the hotel require an incidentals hold (deposit) at check-in?
Yes, an incidentals hold (deposit) of $100 will be authorized at check-in.
Is a credit card required for check-in?
Yes, a credit card is required for check-in.
What is the hotel’s child policy?
Hotel 48LEX is one of the finest kid-friendly hotels in the area, and children are always welcome.
What is the scent in the lobby?
The lobby features the scent of Japanese tea.
Where is the hotel located?
Hotel 48LEX boasts a prime location and is one of the most convenient hotels in New York City near Times Square. You’ll find us at the corner of 48th Street and Lexington Avenue.
Is the refrigerator equipped with an electronic sensor?
Yes, each refrigerator is equipped with an electronic sensor so that we know when items are taken from the minibar. Please note that if items are moved around, guests may be charged for those items.
Are all rooms at the hotel equipped with hot tubs?
No. The Lexington Penthouse is the only room that features a freestanding tub.
Does the hotel feature a rooftop bar?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not feature a rooftop bar. We recommend Upstairs, 230 Fifth, Rare Rooftop, Henry’s Rooftop Bar, and Moxy Times Square nearby.
Does the hotel feature a pool?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not feature a pool.
Does the hotel offer a masseuse on property?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer a masseuse on property. For massage services, we recommend Bliss 49 and Red Door Spa nearby.
Does the hotel feature a nail salon?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not feature a nail salon. We recommend Bliss 49 and Red Door Spa nearby.
Does the hotel feature a hair salon?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not feature a hair salon. We recommend Bliss 49 and Red Door Spa nearby.
Does the hotel offer child-care services?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer child-care services. However the concierge will be happy to help arrange whatever services you require during your stay.
Does the hotel have a doctor on site?
No, the hotel does not have a doctor on site. We recommend CityMD and Lenox Hill Hospital for immediate care.
What is the difference between Master Suites and Central Suites?
Master Suites are located on the higher floors of the hotel, while Central Suites are located on floors 14 and below. Central Suites also feature pull-out couches.
Does the hotel offer connecting salons?
Yes, it is possible to reserve a Double Bed Salon that connects with a King Salon.